What a mess. Another plate broke. Whether you are relocating or settling in for a summer at your favorite RV park, there are things you can do to make your life easier, cleaner, and overall happier. Many of these tricks were learned the hard way, through trial and error. What if, instead of learning from your mistakes, you can pick up these simple RV hacks? Check out the following 41 tips. Print them or commit them to memory, then share them with other RVers to make their life easier, as well.
Transportation RV Hacks
1. If you’ve ever broken your wine glasses or juice glasses while traveling, this one is for you. Slide koozies over them, and place them back in the cabinet. If they knock together, they won’t break.
2. Protect your wine bottles, as well. Slide plastic mesh sleeves over the wine bottles.
3. To save space, use a collapsible laundry basket as a wastebasket when camping. They can be collapsed between uses and stored out of the way.
4. Most people realize the benefit of keeping duct tape in their rig, but what about clothespins? They can be used for laundry, chip clips, and securing the trash bags.
5. For that matter, keep some clothesline handy as well. You can use it to assist with laundry, hang wet towels and swim suits, and tie cabinets closed when in transit.
6. Another option to keep cabinets closed, while traveling, is to secure them with bungee straps. The 3-inch loops with a ball end are useful for cabinet doors, and ones with hooks on the ends are great for drawer handles.
7. Dry erase boards have many uses. Magnetic ones can be hung on the refrigerator. Along with emergency information, you can post a checklist of things to do before heading out, a grocery list, or the Wi-Fi password.
8. Name tag holder clips can be used to hang lights from the awning.
9. Hold bath products in place with a towel rod.
10. Use pantyhose to tie a bar of soap to the water spigot. This makes hand washing easy.
11. Create easy bed storage with a cut-up shoe organizer.
12. They can also be used for shower storage.
13. Keep electrical adapters organized by mounting them.
14. Save space by using square containers instead of round ones.
15. Place tissue boxes in plastic, to keep them from getting wet or smashed.
16. Hold blackout curtains where you want them, with Velcro.
17. Create a wastebasket out of a dry food container.
Kids’ Comfort Hacks
18. Keep things clean by using Press n’ Seal to turn a regular cup into a travel cup.
19. Use shower caddies with suction cups, to hold and organize activities for the kids, while on road trips.
20. Make a fron-tseat hammock from PVC pipe for the kids.
22. Fix warped veneer with a syringe.
23. Replace current floors with vinyl plank flooring. Pre-glued, and waterproof, they are easy to install.
24. If you don’t like to sew, use this method to re-upholster your RV cushions.
25. These IKEA LED lights will run on a camper’s 12-Volt system.
26. Install floor mats to the bottom of your bunks. They provide insulation and comfort.
27. Makeover your RV by sprucing the plastic parts, faded by the sun, with a bit of spray paint.
Keeping Clean Hacks
28. Use a ½-cup of Calgon Water Softener and a cup of Borax detergent to make your own cleaner for the waste tank.
29. Propane attracts wasps. Place cut up flea collars in compartments to avoid wasp infestations.
30. Eliminate mice with a bar of Irish Spring soap. They hate the smell. Bounce fabric sheets are reputed to do this as well.
31. Keep flies away by wiping down awnings, tables, and counters with a 50/50 solution of Pine-Sol and water.
32. Use non-slip liners to line drawers and shelves. This keeps items in place when traveling.
33. Don’t dirty up a bowl. Scramble the eggs in a salad shaker or empty water bottle.
Comfort Control RV Hacks
34. Hang curtains using command hooks
35. Use bubble wrap to cover the RV windows and insulate your space during cold weather.
36. A vent cushion is a great way to reduce heat loss.
37. Make awning track hangers from para-cord.
38. Although many campgrounds provide wireless Internet, the signal is not always strong. Improve the Wi-Fi reception in your RV with a booster.
39. Stock up on free condiments from fast-food restaurants. They’re free, and they take up less space than regular ones.
40. Protect your head from hitting the metal awning strut, by slitting foam swimming noodles and slipping them over the struts.
41. You can hang your clothes while they’re damp, if you place a suspension rod in the shower.
Ensure your glassware doesn’t break. Get the most out of your storage. Keep your home-on-wheels free from pests. Simple tricks like these take all of the guesswork out of enjoying your motorhome. Try them yourself, and do your friends and family members a favor, by sharing with them. Many of these clever RV hacks are so useful, your friends will thank you, even if they don’t travel.
Thanks for reading and don’t forget to comment below!
RV owners just like you are earning full time incomes renting their RV. Enter your email address below and get FREE instant access to a step by step guide that will show you how to rent your RV and earn up to $30,000 a year. Get access to stories of RV owners who are earning great money renting their RVs when they aren't using them.